I’m always on the lookout for a new low sugar dessert…preferably ones you don’t have to bake. No-bake energy bites are one of my favs and this is a new recipe I tried recently that passed the test. One time I just ate the dough out of the bowl with a spoon………. You can find the original recipe: here
- 1 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cup rolled oats (quick, regular, or large – you’re going to grind them up anyways!)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2-3 tbsp. water (if needed)
- Place raisins and oats in food processor. Process for about 30 seconds.
- Put peanut butter and chocolate chips in a small measuring cup or microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds.
- Add peanut butter mixture and cocoa to oats and raisins in food processor and pulse until well incorporated. If the mixture looks a bit dry, add a little water and process again (1-2 tablespoons).
- Scoop the mixture out of food processor with a wet tablespoon to roll into balls in the palm of your hand (you should get about 16, but vary the size to suit your needs). You might find this easier if you wet your hands to roll the balls.
- Store in the fridge until hardened, about an hour. You can keep these in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.