I don’t normally post my own recipes on here (cause what do I know?) but this one has just been a go-to for a couple years now – I don’t even remember where I found the recipe that gave me the original idea, but since then I’ve tweaked it and added some of my own ingredients (like superfoods) so I can pretty much call this one my own now!
I’ve shared a no-bake recipe before (here) – both have similar ingredients but one is done in a food processor and one uses the stove. The food processor may be easier but I personally think this recipe tastes better!
I love these energy bites because all the ingredients are things I always have lying around the kitchen and they are so simple to make. Even though I added measurements to this post, I don’t normally use measuring tools because the recipe is so simple that once I got the hang of it (I’ve made these a LOT) I was able to just eye-ball it.
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
The rest of the ingredients are optional but make them extra good. You can add anything else you’d like (including but not limited to coconut oil, chopped nuts, cooked quinoa etc.)!
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
Bear with me and my very amateur directions.
- In a medium size sauce pan, stir peanut butter, honey & vanilla (on >>low<< because it will burn!) until melted.
- Turn off heat and add in the rest of the dry ingredients until mixed.
- Let mixture cool and then scoop in to 1 1/2 – 2″ balls on to a plate. It should make about 10. Then lick the spoon.
- Put the plate in the freezer or fridge (depending on how hard you want them) for about 20 minutes & then try not to eat all of them in one day, but it’s okay if you do.
I swear they are JUST as good as a late night snack as they are in the morning with coffee! :)