A recipe for sugar-free, grain-free no-bake cookies
(See the original recipe here.)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Handful of cooked quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax meal
The original recipe calls for 2 1/4 cups of gluten free quick oats, but I threw in some superfoods instead.
I also let the mixture cool off and then added some Toll House Dark Chocolate chips (53% cacao). Letting it cool off first ensures that the chocolate doesn’t melt and adds some extra crunch!
I would recommend doing a little less than the called for 2/3 cup of coconut oil and honey.
Here are the original directions by frugalfarmwife:
- Combine first four ingredients in a sauce pan and warm gently on stove top.
- Next, add in the vanilla, oatmeal, and stir well.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a saran lined plate and let cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator – if they last that long.
Note: The consistency was a little thin for cookies in my opinion, so I poured it into a brownie pan all at once and made squares instead of cookies
(PS featured on the left are my go-to coconut flour cookies)